The faculty members who have been hired using HWL bridge hires funding are:
- Lamonte Aidoo, Assistant Professor of Romance Studies, started at Duke in the 2012-13 academic year.
- Bradley Rogers, Assistant Professor of Theater Studies, was at Duke as an ACLS Fellow in 2012-13 and became a tenure-track faculty member in 2013-14.
- Nicole Barnes, Assistant Professor of History, arrived at Duke for the 2014-15 academic year.
- Alicia Jiménez, Assistant Professor of Classical Studies, arrived at Duke for the 2014-15 academic year.
- Juliana Barr, Associate Professor of History, arrived at Duke for the 2015-16 academic year.
- Christine Folch, Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology, arrived at Duke for the 2015-16 academic year.
- Nicholas Stoia, Assistant Professor of Music, arrived at Duke for the 2015-16 academic year.
- Elvira Vilches, Associate Research Professor of Romance Studies, arrived at Duke for the 2015-16 academic year.
Romance Studies professor Elvira Vilches will present a Gallery Talk in Art of the Americas: Mesoamerica at the Nasher Museum on Thursday, November 12. The hour-long talk starts at 6pm and will be followed by a chocolate tasting. The event is part of The New Galleries: A Collection Come…
Christine Folch, Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology and one of the faculty members hired with the support of Humanities Writ Large, has studied how a South American dam project bridging Paraguay and Argentina has affected cross-nation relations and the environment. She is now a co-director of the Global Brazil…
Nicole Barnes' freshman seminar, Chinese Medical Beliefs and Practices, recently made a trip to the National Library of Medicine in Washington, D.C. "The students consulted the library's collections of Chinese public health posters—one of the largest in the world—and will use these materials to write papers showing transitions in…